The Sigmax Synthetic Essential Kit ($99.00) contains eight premium makeup brushes designed for high definition makeup application. The kit features exclusive Sigmax synthetic filament, which was created to precisely apply powder, cream and liquid products onto the skin without absorption into the bristles. The shape, density and height of each brush was designed to compliment the different contours of the face.
Is this kit worth buying? That depends on you. I recommend this 100% for anyone looking for an excellent professional brush set. The brushes are Sigma’s highest quality brushes. If you are only looking for a few brushes to fill the gap of your personal collection, you do not need to buy this entire set. If you only want face brushes, the kabuki brushes (or Synthetic Kabuki Kit) are your best choice. The Precision brushes, although just as high in quality, are not the most practical face brushes for every day personal use because of their small size. That said, the brushes apply makeup flawlessly and so precisely that they can also double up as fantastic eyeshadow brushes. If you are only looking for a few brushes or are on a budget, buy a few of these brushes individually.You will not regret at least trying the collection.
The Sigma F80 has over the year become my favorite makeup brush. The MAC 187 used to be my favorite, but Sigma F80 has made foundation application so much easier. It literally takes me seconds to apply foundation. (And when I get lazy, I use the F80 for powder, contour, and concealing.)
Brushes included in Sigmax Synthetic Essential Kit:
- F80 – Flat Kabuki : Ideal for all over application of liquid and cream formulas in large and mostly flat areas of the face, such as the forehead, temples and cheeks. This brush is perfect to seamlessly buff foundation onto the skin.
- F82 – Round Kabuki : Perfect to comfortably apply liquid and cream foundation on curved areas of the face, specifically around the eyes and nose, on the chin and the jaw line. This brush can also be used for all over application of mineral foundation.
- F84 – Angled Kabuki : The angled shape of this brush eases the application and blending of cream blushes onto the cheeks. It can also be used to apply and blend contour shades on the hair line, cheek bones and jaw line.
- F86 – Tapered Kabuki : The tapered shape effortlessly applies products on defined and hard to reach areas of the face. This brush is perfect for all over application of powder, cream and liquid formulas. It is also ideal for all over primer application, contouring and highlighting.
- P80 – Precision Flat : The small, dense and flat top is ideal to conceal blemishes, sun spots and small imperfections on the skin. It can be used to stipple concealer on defined areas, followed by precise application of setting powder.
- P82 – Precision Round : The rounded top was designed to mimic your fingertips, making this brush ideal to apply eye shadow primers. It can also be used for the precise application of highlight shades on the bridge of the nose, cheek bones and cupid’s bow.
- P84 – Precision Angled : The small angled top makes this brush perfect for precise contouring on the sides of the nose and contouring the hollows of the cheek bones. It can also be used to highlight the brow bone.
- P86 – Precision Tapered : The tapered shape of this brush is ideal for application of concealer under the eyes and on defined areas such as the sides of the nose, chin and around the mouth. This brush can also be used to perfectly apply concealer around the lips to prevent color bleeding.