I have horrible blackheads all over my nose. I sometimes use the Biore Pore Strip, which works, but not very well. One strip won’t do it for me and many strips just seem abrasive and unnecessary. When I have time to spare, I like to use an egg white facial mask. It is all natural, gentle and removes most of my blackheads.
Removing blackheads with an egg white mask is a very time consuming process and can become quite messy if you are not careful. If you don’t add enough layers of egg white or get the drying time right, it will not work. I think it requires some sort of skill actually. Growing up, my mother always applied my mask for me. Even now, I am not as good as she is. I will always opt to have her help if possible.
1. Crack an egg and separate the white and yolk. Place the egg white in a bowl and let it sit for a bit to thicken. (The yolk can be saved for hair treatment or to cook.)
2. Pick up a few cotton swabs (or whatever works for you) and bunch them together to pick up the egg white to slather on your clean face.
3. Generously cover your entire face with the egg white and let it partially dry before adding another layer. Add anywhere from 3-5 layers. Concentrate on problem areas.
4. Use some sort of thin tissue or toilet paper to place over your wet face, leaving room for the eyes, mouth and nostrils.
5. Reapply another layer of egg white on top of your tissue, careful not to let the moisture rip or ruin the tissue on your face.
6. Let your mask fan dry or air dry (doesn’t matter). As it dries, the egg white will tighten your skin and you may feel some discomfort. It’s okay though, because your skin and pores are tightening (temporary effect).
7. After your mask completely dries, peel the mask off. Your blackheads should come off with it.
8. Wash the egg white and tissue residues off of your face and moisturize as usual. I like to use an aloe vera jelly to moisturize afterwards because it feels refreshing.
When trying to make this mask, remember that patience is your best friend. Let a layer dry partially before adding another layer. I have failed many times before succeeding. If you want, you can have a friend try it on you while you lie down. The whole process including drying time may take anywhere from an hour to several hours, depending on how thick your egg white is, how much you apply and how you dry the mask. If you still find blackheads after peeling off your mask, you can always repeat the process. It’s really nonabrasive.
I just peeled off my mask and feel really good right now. I can’t help it but touch my smooth new nose. I just wish I had the time to do this every night.
Popular Post: Sigma Coupon Code 2018