Did you know that June is National Rose Month? Celebrated as a symbol of love, beauty, and hope, the rose was officially declared as the National Floral Emblem of the U.S. by President Ronald Reagan in 1986. With roses across the country in full bloom, now is the perfect time of year to create your own Rose Oil. One of the most widely used essential oils in perfumery and beauty care; Rose Oil can be used for everything from moisturizing your skin, to curing wooden furniture.
Homemade Rose Oil:
- In a food processer, or using a mortar and pestle, grind rose petals to release fragrance
- Place pulp into a mason jar with an airtight lid
- Cover rose petals thoroughly with olive oil or canola oil – ensure that the oil reaches through to the top layer of pulp
- Push the rose petals down with a wooden spoon
- Seal the mason jar and place in a cool, dark place for two weeks
- Strain the oil into smaller containers and seal.