Here is a glimpse into MAC’s A/W Trend Book. Be sure to let me know if you’re interested in any specifics so that I can pull it up!
There are four trends in the book:
- Sense + Sensibility: A rural approach to fresh country innocence, an aristocratic take on tailored beauty; the look is healthy, polished, effortless and groomed with the perfect canvas for a red lip.
- Roam-Antique: Elegant, eccentric beauty seen through the eyes of a gypsy, a trend playing with the proportion and depth of an eye, using soulful tints to mesmerizing jewel-like metallics; a modern-day twist on a smokey eye.
- Hone-Structure: A contemporary nude sculptured face focusing on bold brows and the use of shadows to give depth to features; the look is strong yet feminine.
- Arti-Tech: An artistic take on liner, high tech and modern referencing Oriental precision and equestrian elegance – refined.
Other sections in the book include:
- Featured Makeup Artists: Details behind M·A·C’s key makeup artists inspirations including Val Garland, Charlotte Tilbury, Diane Kendal, Andrew Gallimore, Carole Colombani, Gordon Espinet, Lyne Desnoyers, Terry Barber, and additional quotes from M·A·C Senior Artists.
- Featured Designers: An insider’s guide to over 60 A/W 12 designers’ beauty looks including Jason Wu, Carolina Herrera, Diane Von Furstenberg, Proenza Schouler, Alexander Wang, Prabal Gurung and Donna Karen New York.
- Ten-dencies of the Season: The top 10 unique techniques of the A/W 12 season.
- Index: A complete list of the shows M·A·C supports across the world and their corresponding trend.