Today I’ll be showing you how to create a sweet Valentines Day makeup. This look is not overly pink, just light and fresh.
2. Apply your makeup primer, foundation and use concealer under your eyes, around your nose, etc. I use La Prairie Rose Illusion Line Filler, mineral foundation from Lumiere and concealer from Ultra Pure Cosmetics. Apply lip balm to your lips so it will take care of your lips while you’ll be doing your eye makeup.
3. Let’s move to the eyes. Use eyeliner in baby pink color as a base for eyeshadows, or you can also use eyeshadow primer in the same color. For this tutorial I used Green Mama eyeliner, I applied a decent amount of it to my fingertips to warm it up and then I dabbed this on my upper eyelids, from lashline up to brow bone.
4. Open your Sigma Flare eyeshadow palette and apply ‘Publicize’ eyeshadow all over your upper eyelid up to brow bone using E55 brush from the palette.
5. Using smaller eyeshadow brush, apply ‘Allure’ eyeshadow to the outer 1/3 of your upper eyelids.
6. Using E40 brush from the palette, take small amounts of ‘Beware’ eyeshadow and blend previuously applied ‘Allure’ up and towards the inner corners of the eyes.
7. Take a small pencil brush and apply a bit of ‘Publicize’ eyeshadow to the inner corners of the eyes and right under the brow bone. For smaller eyes, I find that using a small smudger brush at this step is more comfortable.
8. Line your upper lid with black eyeliner close to the lash line and thicken the line at the outer corners of the eyes, wing the eyeliner keeping the outer ends of your brows as a guide. For this step I used Stila Smudge Pot in Black and applied it with a chep eyeliner brush from eBay. My Smudge Pot started to dry out and it shows T_T I also would suggest you to use liquid eyeliner for precise and sharp line.
9. Next, fill in your eyebrows and set the results with brow gel. I use Magic Cosmetics Brow Powder in Medium Deep Brown and apply it with an angled brow brush. I also use lash / brow comb from Vincent Longo and Art Visage Brow Gel.
10. Curl your eyelashes and apply black mascara to both upper and lower lashes. Add false lashes if you want. I use Luview Gleam Full Long Lash Mascara (black) on my upper lashes and L’Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara (black) on my lower ones. My mini lash curler is from Japonesque.
Finished eye makeup should look like this:
11. Apply soft pink blush to your cheekbones with a pointed blush brush and (optional) just a bit of bronzer below your cheekbones. Use highlighter on your cheekbones, chin, forehead, on the bridge of your nose and right above your eyebrows. I use Satin Pearl Blush in Tricky from Buff’d Cosmetics, Heidi Yi Mineral Bronzer in Sunkiss and Everyday Minerals Luminizing Sunlight Powder as a highlighter.
12. Apply powder to set you makeup. I use Sheer Miracle Super CloseUp HD High Definition Mineral Finishing Powder.
10. Apply lipgloss. I used Sweet Pink (lighter shade) from Luview Glossy Kiss dual lip gloss. I also dabbed a bit of the blush (from step 11) to my lips to make them less shiny.
And here’s the final look: