One of the biggest beauty business trends of the year is the subscription sample makeup box. I’m sure most makeup fanatics have heard of these services. Basically, you can subscribe to these services for a small monthly fee and every month you will receive box of makeup samples.
Most recently, Michelle Phan (most subscribed beauty Youtuber) has come out with a new service called MyGlam. It’s not really any different from the rest except that the box arrives at your door at the end of the month instead of the beginning. But wait, isn’t the end of one month is the beginning of another? So yes, it is kind of the same.
I have never subscribed to any of these sample services because I am avid shopper myself and have more than enough makeup. Sure, the samples might sound appealing one month (especially when they first try to reel you in), but who can promise any of next month’s samples will be useful? These monthly samples are of no use to me because I get plenty of samples shopping at Sephora, Beauty.com, etc. I can, however, see how these services might be useful for those who want to explore different makeup products and brands but are not frequent shoppers themselves.
In case you are interested in this type of subscription based beauty sampling, I’ve listed some sites below. Please note that I have personally never tried any of these services and cannot provide a detailed reviews. Correct me if I’m wrong and please add to the list if I’m missing anything!
- Beautyfix ($49.99/three months)
- You’ll choose the 8 products you want to receive and pay $49.99.
- Birchbox ($10/month)
- Each month, you get 4-6 beauty products ranging from samples, deluxe samples, to full sized. You can review the items you receive to earn points and then redeem the points for $ off the full sized products.
- Eco-Emi ($15/month)
- Eco-Emi sends out environmentally friendly products, including cosmetics, health, food, and household items.
- GlossyBox US ($21/month)
- UK Glossy Box has come to the US.
- GoGoGirlfriend ($12.95/month)
- Health and beauty samples with two different membership types.
- His Black Box ($12/month)
- Monthly samples for men.
- Julep Maven ($19.99/month)
- Hand, nail and foot care subscription.
- Makeup Monthly ($30/month)
- There has been rumors of this company shipping out discontinued or expired makeup. As there are so many reliable services available, I do not recommend you try them.
- MyGlam ($10/month)
- Michelle Phan’s service in which every month, you receive a Glam Bag with 4 to 5 full-sized products or deluxe-sized samples.
- New Beauty Test Tube ($29.95 + $8.95 shipping = $38.90/three months)
- This is very expensive, but the products you get are also more expensive than the others.
- Loose Button or Luxe Box ($12/month)
- Delivers 4-5 deluxe beauty samples monthly.
- Glymm ($10/month)
- Delivers 4-5 deluxe beauty samples every month.
- Amarya Beauty Box (£10/month or £120/year.)
- Every month you get one or more full sized product plus samples.
- Boudoir Prive (£10 + £2.95 = £12.95/month)
- You get 5-6 deluxe beauty products every month.
- Feel Unique Beauty Box (£9.95/month)
- You get 5 deluxe beauty products every month.
- GlossyBox UK (£10 month + £2.95 shipping = £12.95/month)
- Every month GlossyBox delivers a mix of 5 product miniatures packed in a beautiful box.
- Latest In Beauty (starts at £1/month)
- Get monthly boxes for a higher fee or just a sample here and there for cheaper.
- Lust Have It ($14.95/month or $160/12 months)
- Monthly Lust Pack with 5 to 6 premium size samples plus a reward program similar to Birchbox.
Have you every tried any of these services? Let us know what you think!