Did you know that adding Epsom Salt to your bath can help you retain moisture, eliminate toxins, and relieve stress?
Epsom salt is often praised for its stress-relieving and healing properties. Cosmetologist Linda Ashbrook recommends soaking in Epsom salt for 20 minutes to relax tired muscles and soften dry skin after a stressful day in the sun. You can add drops of aromatherapy oil, such as lavender, to make the bath more relaxing. Personally, we like to add a Lush bath bomb and aromatherapy candles.
Outside of taking an Epsom salt bath, there are other do-it-yourself recipes to utilize the healing properties of Epsom salt. Doctors say there are two ways to use Epsom salt to reduce itching and dryness caused by mild sunburn. This can be especially helpful for hard-to-reach places or spots you accidentally skipped over when applying sunscreen.
Relief from Mild Sunburn
- Make a compress by soaking a cotton washcloth in cold water mixed with two tablespoons of Epsom salt per cup; then press to affected area.
- Create a paste by mixing one teaspoon of Epsom salt into one cup of hot water and then chilling the solution in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Clean and pat dry the affected area, and then apply the paste.
Epsom Salt Shower Smoothie
- 4 ounce Epsom Salt
- 4 ounce Coffee grounds
- 1 teaspoon Eucalyptus oil
- Sesame oil (enough to form smooth paste)
- Mix Epsom Salt and coffee grounds in a medium-sized bowl, then add the oils and stir thoroughly until you have a smooth, not runny, paste.
- Get in the shower, wet your skin and turn off the water. Use the palm of each hand to vigorously scrub your body, from neck to feet, for several minutes.
- Rinse your body and enjoy your glow. Your skin should feel smooth and lifted.
Epsom Salt Soothing Facial Mask
- 1 tablespoon Epsom Salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 drops lemon juice (if oily skin)
- Mix all ingredients and apply to face.
- Leave on for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse in a warm shower to wash away any impurities that have been drawn out from the Epsom salt.
- Moisturize with lotion and enjoy soothed, smooth skin.
Here’s our bath bomb playing clip:
— Handmade Reviews (@handmadereviews) January 25, 2017